Thursday 17 January 2008

A nOrsebox!

FRIENDS, take a look at our new home ... a true house on wheels! A 1976 Bedford TK Horsebox, bought purely with earnings from picture sales. So thank yous to all those people who supported us by buying pictures before Christmas and thank yous to the lovely people who sold us our new home and who didn't really want to part with it.

Once it is kitted out with stove and bookshelves and nicknacks and pictures and pots and pans and hanging things and carpets and teapots and paintbrushes and laptops and instruments and brooms and pillows and plants and ...
Well ... then we'll be off on the wander for a while with our work and spend days parked in Scandinavian forests.

5 comments:

Ulla said...

Rima! I am delighted that you found my blog! I actually have been an admirer of your work for a while... so I am excited to find your blog! How wonderful that you have a traveling vehicle! I spent 2 1/2 years of my childhood traveling the world with my family (gypsy style) in the 70's, including quite a bit of time in Scandinavia, as we are Danish. Do you only sell prints? or do you sometimes part with originals? I love that your low-tech adventures are shared with us via high-tech means! I am adding you to my list, so I can come back and visit you soon!! Hugs from California...

Willow said...

I am somewhat envious, Rima. You can continue to create your treasures and communicate by internet and still roam like a gypsy. Have a wonderful time! I hope we can live vicariously through your blog.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic that you've paid for it through sales of your work! You should be very proud :)

noodle and lou said...

Rima...how fun!! I can't wait to hear your tales of life on the road:) xox..jenn

Jo James said...

How's the wheelie house coming along? Any update pictures? Would love to see inside before and afters.
Dylan and I are thinking along the same lines of late, but we need to get these children raised up before we go off gallivanting.

-Joee