Monday 5 November 2007

Remember Remember


HAVE you ever stepped into a book so deeply that when you come out, you blink and look about you with wobbly day-old-colt-legs at the world and the beautiful things make you cry because you have just been picking away at an inner heart-lock with your reading and left the door ajar?
I did that today and am still a little bit teetering in the romance of this sad tale across time.

On this Night of Remember ..
remember to remember
there is only now
really
or
rememberings
and our tales of tales ...

4 comments:

Griff said...

Something like that has happened to me every time I've read The Lord of the Rings. The connection between the cursed modern age and the genuine expression of myth and tradition it portrays chill and haunt my soul every time I think of it.

Sarah said...

perfectly said, blinking out into the cold old world.

Marlaine said...

When I read what you wrote about coming out of the book, I thought to myself...Yesssssss...The Time Travellers Wife. Imaging my surprise when I clicked on 'here' and found it! I consider that book the most awesome book I've ever read. It sucked me in and took over my world for the four days it took me to read it.

Dixie Redmond said...

"HAVE you ever stepped into a book so deeply that when you come out, you blink and look about you with wobbly day-old-colt-legs at the world and the beautiful things make you cry because you have just been picking away at an inner heart-lock with your reading and left the door ajar?"

Replace the word book with the word blog and that is exactly how I am feeling. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful place to spend time. Thank you, Rima.

Dixie