Friday 18 January 2008

Naomi & The Devil of Darkling Green

TODAY'S TALE takes us into the mind of a young girl who is not like the others, into forests and derelict mental asylums, into a village plagued by Strange Goings On and

a murder of crows,
a caucus of crows,
an alibi of crows,
a hover of crows,
a congress of crows,
a storytelling of crows,
a horde of crows,
a muster of crows,
a parcel of crows,
a cowardice of crows,
a cauldron of crows *

arriving in ever growing numbers to take roost on the roofs.

I am very pleased to announce that I was happened upon this winter by Danny Rhodes, a Kent author whose new book Naomi & The Devil of Darkling Green is to be published by Scott Pack of The Friday Project in spring 2009. I have been set the task of bringing Darkling Green and all its inhabitants to life with my pencil and paintbrush and I am very excited indeed...


*some collective nouns for crows ... aren't they wonderful!

11 comments:

Rachel Green said...

How super. You'll do the book proud, I'm sure.

Ellen-Mary said...

How wonderful! You must be thrilled. I'm happy for you.

layne (herman) said...

"....into forests and derelict mental asylums"

I am intrigued.


(http://papaherman.wordpress.com/)

tlchang said...

Sounds like a terrific project.

I am currently listening to Susan Cooper's "The Dark is Rising" on tape and the crows and/or rooks are currently circling en masse!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the book project! I rather like "caucus of crows" but would spell it "cawcus of crows" :) best of luck with it all, will be keeping an eye on your / the books progress. You are a great choice for illustrating such a book ; )

Anonymous said...

Well done! I'm exiting too - I hope we get to see your pictures here soon if you're allowed to :)

Rima Staines said...

Thanks all for your nice words :) Yes.. an exciting project, and my first proper foray into the world of publishing!

Gretel said...

Wonderful, it sounds just wonderful, and perfect for you! You just can't beat a good derelict mental asylum! :)

Gail said...

Sounds like a great project - well done, can't wait to see the results - what you written in your post is just so intriguing ;)

Grace Weber said...

I'm curious. I've not been able to find this book. Did it ever publish or was it published under a different title?

Rima Staines said...

Yes indeed Grace... it was not to be. The publisher dissolved and so as far as I know the author is still searching for a publisher...