Tuesday 12 February 2008

Sun on the chimbleys

THE SMELL OF SPRING is here and has brought a wonderful uplifting sunshine with it. We have walked around the hills scarf-and-gloveless and dawdled to look ... and pick up little crystal stones that glint in the sun without icy winds whipping round our gills and hurrying us indoors again. We've sat on the wet spongy moss grass and noticed frost still lurking in the shadows. And we've sat drinking cups of tea on the front wall listening to playing children on half term holidays .
A little bit of sun makes a big difference and we are busying away with our work with a new vigour. Of course there's more rain predicted by the end of the week but hey-ho... it's lovely for now... and so blue.

6 comments:

Gretel said...

hmm, looks almost civilised, for Scotland...;)(only joking, it looks gorgeous, hasn't it be lovely to have the warm and sun!)

AC said...

The sun truly lifts the spirits.
Take care,
Alison x

tlchang said...

Feeling a bit jealous of all that deep blue when we are inundated here with Seattle's omnipresent, winter *grey* and drizzle...

Your art arrived today. It is beautiful in person. 'Will work on framing it now! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! You could just EAT that blue! My favourite one is the one with the rooftops and cables. There's something about it that makes me feel cosy, I do have a thing about old chimneys and rooftops together mind you!

Willow said...

Lovely photos! How I love the blues!

Isabel said...

Thank you for your gracious comment on my blog and for adding me to yours.
I will definetely add yours to mine too.
Your work is magical Rima. I saw your short film and reminded me of the children's short movies with black silhouettes and captivating music which made the delight of my 8 years of age on Portuguese TV.
I live in the US for over 20 years, and this entry with its kind of blues,landscape, and houses flashs me back to summer vacations at my grandaparents'home in the hills of northern Portugal.